Family Planning Organization of the Philippines is a non-stock, non-profit, service oriented organization providing quality sexual and reproductive health services to all Filipinos especially the poor and the underserved.
It has 13 active organizational chapters with 17 Community Health Care Clinics nationwide offering integrated package of essential services on family planning and reproductive health. It has a network of community based volunteers serving as link to community beneficiaries.
FPOP is one of the oldest and biggest volunteer organization in the Philippines. It was founded last August 4, 1969, out of merger of two organizations that pioneered the family planning movement in the Philippines.
It is a member association of International Planned Parenthood Federation.
We champion sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) through advocacy and provision of reproductive health services especially to the poor, marginalized, socially excluded and underserved people including the young ones. We work in partnership with stakeholders at the national, chapter and community levels. We are committed to the eradication of HIV and AIDS, and the advancement of the right of everyone to enjoy a sexual life that is free from ill health, unwanted pregnancy, violence and discrimination.
We envision a world where every woman, man and young person has access to sexual and reproductive health (SRH) information and services, and sexuality is seen as a natural and precious part of human life and a fundamental human right.
FPOP believes in:
- Excellence which drives us to go beyond and do more.
- In the tenets of accountability that makes is responsible for our actions, inactions & decisions.
- Doing things with passion and being determined to work on our advocacy & service delivery despite the challenging environment.
- Diversity because all Filipinos regardless of age, sexual orientation, identity & expression and ethnicity & status deserved to have access to SRHR.
- Social inclusion where no one is left behind and everyone journeys together towards achieving quality of life anchored on rights-based approach programs and services.
- In the significant contribution our volunteerism delivers across a range of roles as activists inspiring the organization to advance its mission.